First of all, congrats on taking the leap and booking your boudoir photography session! It’s going to be fun, an amazing experience, and super empowering for you. Wardrobe is an essential part of your boudoir session. A huge part of the success of your session is using proper wardrobe that is not only beautiful, but that flatters your body. It doesn’t have to be complicated. I am a believer in stripping down. Less is more. Keep it simple.
Many of my clients use my fantastic client wardrobe, and some clients opt to shop and bring their own hand selected pieces.
It’s important that we focus on what you are going to wear, in a way that minimizes the outfits effect on the image so that what you are wearing doesn’t take away from YOU!
When we focus too much on these stand-out outfits and props, we lose focus on our goal, which is to EMPOWER YOU! With this in mind, I have created the following guide to help you select the best wardrobe for your upcoming boudoir session with me.
We want you vulnerable, exposed, raw, and extremely beautiful. It may sound intimidating, but it’s my job to empower you and provide you with a body positive experience. It’s about reconnecting you with you, your femininity, sensuality, your sexuality, and your womanhood.
Wearing the WRONG pieces can actually ruin images, whether it’s because it doesn’t fit, is a bad color, has a pattern that doesn’t photograph well, or is simply not the best choice for your body type. Why wear jewelry when you normally don’t wear any? Why hide behind a costume or a prop?
I have curated a Client Wardrobe that is always growing. I have many unique pieces inclusive for all women including lingerie, robes, masks and more. I do not charge a rental fee for using items from the Client Wardrobe. I carry lingerie sizes XS – 5X
The only things I *require* you to bring to your session are (1) NUDE AND (1) BLACK plain seamless thongs or G-strings in like new condition. This is for wearing underneath the client wardrobe pieces.
Some ideas for staple items you might want to bring to your session, but are not required:
• High heels that are in like new condition. The higher the heel, the better. Nudes or Black high heels are the best. You don’t need to be able to walk in them, but if you can stand in them that’s a plus! Shoes are a great way to express your individuality!
• Black high waisted panties, and a strappy/lacy/sexy black panties, bralettes or other soft cupped/stretch lace bras
• Your favorite jewelry, just a few pieces is fine, probably your everyday pieces and a few special or statement pieces to go with your outfits
• Fun accessories like fur coats, leather jackets, vests, thigh highs, fishnet tights, or anything clothing related that brings out your personality
• A supportive bra & undie set paired with a soft and beautiful satin robe can create some amazing images that are sexy, but yet very tasteful
• FISHNETS!! or thigh highs or patterned tights. These make for a great add-on to an outfit, or a super sexy way to go nude (YAAASSS!!!)
Do NOT bring:
• Props. Boudoir is not pinup photography, and props are a distraction from our focus (YOU!)
• Heavily worn, tattered, soiled, or scuffed items
• Men’s shirts. The concept is great but bring a similar shirt cut to fit you
• Items that do not fit (too big, too small)
• Sex toys (really…do I need to say this?!)
• Padded bras
Some of my favorite places to shop:
Nails – If you are going to get your nails done, I recommend selecting either a French Manicure style or a neutral shade like nude. Black, white, and grey are OK in my book! Red or Burgundy is also a nice color. Glitter is OK. Stay away from blues, greens, yellows, oranges, purples, pinks, and basically all other eye catching colors so they don’t take over your images.
Tanning and Spray Tans – IF YOU SHOW UP WITH A SPRAY TAN OR A TAN FROM A TANNING BED YOUR SESSION WILL BE CANCELLED WITH NO REFUND.
Your spray tan will not photograph well and it will stain my furniture, carpets, bedding, and clothing. I do not advocate for tanning beds, they can cause for redness and blotchiness of the skin and I will not color correct your skin tone in post-processing. I prefer you come as you are. I promise you, your natural skin is going to photograph beautifully.
Summer Time or Vacation Tan Lines – Editing out tan lines is next to impossible. If you do not want tan lines in your pictures, stay out of the sun for a week or two before your session or schedule your session in the off season (November – April). If you are going on vacation, schedule your boudoir session for before you leave. I can send your images out to a magician to edit your tan lines out, but this will be subject to an additional fee. The only other option is to A) deal with your tan lines in your images (some people think they look sexy!) or B) select wardrobe that will conceal your tan lines.
If you choose a Collection with your pre-payment plan, you can choose a Lingerie Fitting at my studio as one of your Bonus options!
I have many unique wardrobe items to choose from in sizes XS-5X, including body suits, robes, body chains, body harnesses, and more. More than 90% of my clients use the Client Wardrobe because it is AMAZING!
A Lingerie Fitting is an opportunity for you to come into my studio 1-2 weeks prior to your session to try on and select wardrobe to use the day of your session. This will save us time and give you peace of mind that you will have amazing pieces to use! We set them aside after your lingerie fitting so no-one else will wear them in the interim, to ensure they are clean and ready for the day of your session. It also gives you the opportunity to familiarize yourself with my location and studio and we will do your Pre-Session Consultation in person at the same time!
Click HERE to see the details about the Pre-Session Payment Plan and the link to the Collections and Pricing guide!